Master Class on Intellectual Property for New Ventures: How to make money from your IP portfolio?
About this event
IP is one of the key components in both early-stage and well-established companies, therefore for medtech, digital health and biotech start-ups its crucial to develop a strong patent strategy right from the start.
ELAVITY jointly with the law firm Vossius & Partner, Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property and Novateur Ventures, invites you to this Masterclass on Intellectual Property for New Ventures. A variety of topics will be covered as described in below and the strategic importance of IP and licensing in the context of fundraising will be highlighted.
- Deep dive into Intellectual Property definition as a key value driver
- Short introduction to the common IP rights else than patents (trademarks, designs and copyright)
- Patents and patentability criteria (technicality, industrial application, novelty and inventive steps)
- Applications of Intellectual Property
- How to use IP to protect your business
- Common strategies to extend protection beyond the 20-year term
- Developing a compelling IP Portfolio
- How to make money from your IP Portfolio